The intensity of clay texture is based upon the clay quality. The shape formation capability for a pottery project and its durability, everything depends on what type of clay you are considering to use for your purpose. Always choose top-quality clay to get the best working experience every time.
Before choosing any clay for your project, you need to pay attention to the type of clay that you are going to use. The clay properties are responsible for defining their characteristics. The plasticity and malleability features, as well as the hardening and binding structure of the clay, play a significant role in deciding how your project is going to be. It is always great to work with a type of clay, which is pliable, soft, has a beautiful color, and at the same time, self-hardening with lesser shrinkage. Also, the more it creates less mess, the more it makes your job easy.
ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay is what you can count on for creating stunning pottery pieces. This white-colored self-hardening clay is of superior quality, which is ideal for any art and craft project. Here is a complete review of ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay to help you guide you about choosing the right clay for your next project.
Why Choose This Clay?
Clay, with the right amount of softness, malleability, and a smooth texture, is all that you want for your pottery job. But the strength and durability of your pot often get compromised because of this factor. The frustrating experience of working with messy and fussy kind of clay is a definite thing you want to avoid. The quality of the clay always influences your working experience and satisfaction with the end product.
So, here comes the ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay from the brand ACTIVA that has got the reputation of being the best-seller for years and gives you the best working experience with its clays. The fine properties present in the clay material increases its workability. The rich plasticity and ultra-fine-grained personality characterize this clay.
These ultimate premium features are best for structure formation and adding details to it while working. The soft and pliable, yet not-so-sticky texture of the clay provides you with a satisfactory pottery making experience while brushing your skill. There is no need to fire your clay, as it has the self-hardening trait that doesn’t take much time to get hard. And after it gets dried, it becomes super durable to work with.
Key Features of the Clay:
Here are some of the key specifications of the ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay that makes it the best of its kind. Do have a look at its traits.
- Superior plasticity: The key feature of this clay is its brilliant plasticity. The flexibility of the clay allows you to mold, twist, or shape it in exactly the way you want. Besides, you can add any details or intricacies to the design while creating your project to make it look gorgeous. The superior workability of the clay is undoubtedly going to impress you.
- Self-hardening nature: The air-dry ACTIVA plus clay has an exclusive feature of hardening itself in a short period. There is no such need to fire it as the clay is excellent for any craftwork & you can create many school projects easily with it.
- Lesser shrinkage: The clay dries faster and becomes ready in a short time. Also, it doesn’t shrink much while drying. A maximum of ¼-inch shrinkage is noticed within 24 hours, which suggests its low tendency of crumbling or cracking while drying.
- Softness: It is effortless to work with this clay. The softness ensures complete satisfaction while modeling-remodeling, and shaping-reshaping it. The nice and malleable texture doesn’t hurt your hand and gives you the ultimate comfort while working.
- Safe to work with: The complete natural substances of the clay are eco-friendly. And the non-toxic quality of the ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay makes it safe to work for every purpose. Also, your kids can use this clay to shape their imagination without getting worried about anything.
- Color: The clay comes in a complete white appearance. The nice white color will make any craft look stunning. Also, you can add any color or glaze to decorate the end product.
- Durability: The clay is extremely durable once it is dry. You can curve, drill, or sand it after it gets completely dried up.
Pros and Cons of the Clay:
As it is about giving your pottery project a beautiful finishing and, at the same time, a long life, you should not consider spending on just any clay, casually. It is always recommended to choose your clay-based on what type of project you are going to work on. Here are the pros and cons of working with ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay.
- Superior plasticity makes your job easier.
- It doesn’t stick much while working.
- The clay has a nice white color.
- Durable enough, when hard.
- It hardens fast in normal air.
- Safe for kiln firing.
- Completely non-toxic.
- Not waterproof.
- It might crack if not dried properly.
If you decide on purchasing ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay for your next pottery project, then you can click here.
How to Get Started to Work With it?
The item comes in a packet that weighs around 2.05 pounds. The clay remains wrapped in plastic for safety. It comes in ready-to-work texture. Hence, you don’t need to add much fluid or moisture to the clay before working. It is better to take only the required amount of clay for your work and store the rest wrapped in plastic. Once you are done with making your pottery piece, don’t let it dry faster. Wrap plastic around the clay body and let it sit for 24 hours to become completely dry to avoid any cracking.
Consider all the features and aspects of clay before making your purchase. Don’t just rush into anything, just because we are suggesting. Smartly spend your money, after considering all the requirements related to your project. Whether you want to make a small craft piece or you want to do a large pottery project, this clay will go perfectly with everything. We hope this review will help you in choosing the best clay to serve your purpose.